I do think senior management at Bungie deserves flack (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 07:03 (3470 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Nah, those guys know what they're doing. To imply that bungie has a bunch of inexperienced leadership now is laughable.

People give 343 a lot of shit for being in Bungie's shadow with Halo, but even Bungie themselves are still trying to get out of Halo's shadow.

AAA gaming, mang.....

At the end of the day, it's a business. These people need to make money to support themselves and their families too. I get that.

It's a product.

Because it's a product, you'er going to have clashes between the creative types and the executive types.

The Artist wants to give give give, create create create. The executive type needs to tone that back, so they have something to sell, something to stretch out to make as profitable as possible, for as long as possible.

If we got everything that Bungie wanted to give us, what incentive would we have to purchase extra content? Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free, etc. The only way these things will continue to make money, is if they can get you to keep playing.

The success of AAA gaming created it's own problems. Inventors only want to make money. They don't care if the product is shit or success, as long as people keep buying it. The artist just wants to make something cool, and make a little to keep making things, period.

Not every new game needs to have the same sales and player base that CoD and Halo have had to be successful.

Unfortunately, the people who have the money don't see it that way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread