Yes, I know. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 06, 2014, 07:45 (3469 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Wait, what? They were still recording dialog after the beta? Holy crap! I only played the first two missions in the beta. How much could you see in the beta? Mars? Venus? The level cap was 8 right? Perhaps the recording was for the expansion?

this is why i think dinklage should be cut some slack. he got reamed in the press and on forums for "phoning it in." I wonder how many times they had to call him back to record more lines? Dude was probably fed up by the end of it.

Maybe. I'm sure he was compensated well. I would love to know the direction he received. I'm one of those who doesn't think his performance is bad, but like the Grimoire cards, it's being asked to carry more weight than it should have been.

My theory is that they spent so much time world-building and back-story building and perhaps were so immersed in it that they lost sight of what we, the gamers new to this universe, don't yet know or don't yet care about, and in an effort to be subtle (or because they ran out of time or both) they didn't provide enough story for us to understand what was happening or care about it.

I think this lack was noticed, and that's why you have lines like "there is much you won't understand," "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain," and "I could tell stories ...." Those seem to me to be pretty transparent attempts to paper over the fact that the story, as delivered, doesn't tell enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread