I do think senior management at Bungie deserves flack (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 09:13 (3470 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Nah, those guys know what they're doing. To imply that bungie has a bunch of inexperienced leadership now is laughable.

Okay, then those guys know they put out a terrible story with poor design in a world that is far smaller than they advertised. The AI is generally poor, the enemies are all basically the same, and there's no character motivation or even sense of contribution to the world of the game.

They should be aware that the game has amazing art, music, sound, and gameplay mechanics. But they should own up to the crap story and terrible writing. They should also be aware of the incredibly amateur mistakes in the level design and execution, as well as the glaring omissions in the user interface.

Either they're feckless rookies who made some mistakes or they're complicit vets who should have known better. Neither is a thing I'd want to be. Both are things that have sullied the Bungie name and tarnished their image.

In the long term, Destiny may be the game that broke Bungie, not made it. If Bungie stays the course on this one, I predict fewer players buy the sequel, fewer still the one after that, and an eventual dwindling to nothing of the franchise, only to be recorded in history as one of the largest disappointments in gaming history.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread