Speculation thread [img heavy]

by zumphry ⌂ @, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 11:24 (4062 days ago) @ Reconcilliation

I've noticed a dearth of actual speculation so far. Seems unusual for the bungie.org community. So, I'm rectifying that! : )

I've gathered a variety of concept art, mostly from Bungie.net, but some from google, showcasing elements of Destiny. The goal of this thread is for us to speculate, collaborate and share ideas on what we think this or that means.

For the concept art and screenshots directly from Bungie, I've included the title.

Mars
[image]

I'm probably reaching here, but those orb like structures (greenhouses? anger domes?!) kinda remind me of the shots of the windmills and the battered orb structures from O Brave New World:

[image]

[image]

Though, as Duncan pointed out (since I yoinked those images from him), that first image is from Bungie's Siggraph ’09 presentation, Lighting Research at Bungie, so those could've just been made to show lighting through moving structures (windmills) and structures that were partiality destroyed (orb structures).

...OR Mars has/had windmills for power because it's a desolate wasteland and orb like greenhouses so the people that lived there could have some sort of vegetation for self-sustaining themselves. The windmills' power lines even somewhat match the power lines connecting the buildings there in the concept art.

So maybe orb like structures are prevalent throughout Mars for its aesthetic/background (or that crack I just [figuratively] smoked was really good)?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread