DAT VAULT

by Reconcilliation @, Imagination Station, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:15 (4036 days ago) @ Ragashingo

All right. Assuming that's true, then who does want a vault of traditional treasure and gold? Is this just an ancient human vault? Or is it a vault of human stuff kept by some of the aliens? I find the latter to be the more interesting idea. Maybe our destruction isn't the only goal of the forces attacking us! Maybe they want to profit too?

I'd wager a human vault. Saving things from the impending catacylsm? Seems a bit odd to just dump technology into a room full of gold like that, it conjures up images of The Hobbit and Smaug's vast piles of treasure. A fantasy element in sci-fi.

I noticed the floor has a smooth grid-like pattern to it which eventually breaks along the edges. Seems a little more modernish than other parts of the architecture implies.

I wonder just how long it's been, exactly, since humanity was nearly wiped out. A lot of the artwork implies something longer than just a generation or two, and it's been stated that the remaining humans don't know what did us in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread