Traveler's Rest

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:38 (4063 days ago) @ Reconcilliation
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:50

Two bits of speculation here.

The Traveler has a lot more damage on the bottom than on the top. I think this signifies that it is Humanity who has damaged it while mining it for technology and is not damage it suffered during its last stand.

And

Rampant speculation here, but based on the arg text and the possibly human caused damage I'm guessing that events in Destiny proceeded thusly:

1. The Traveler creates sentience in multiple star systems, including the Sol system with Humanity. Humanity has its golden age with voluntary help from the Traveler.

2. Some as yet unseen force knocks humanity down hard but is defeated by The Traveler defending its work.

3. Humanity progresses to the point where reaching The Traveler resting overhead is possible and begins mining into it, jump starting human technological advancement.

4. The other races come seeking The Traveler to pay respect for creating them but find it hanging over Earth with humans swarming over and in it.

5. They declare war on the race that is desecrating the Traveler.

I don't think it's the Vex and Fallen and whoever that knocked us down. That we have a chance against them now means they aren't powerful enough to have been the force that nearly destroyed Humanity. But they are angry at us for what we've done. That frighteningly leaves open the possibility that whoever knocked down Humanity is still out there.

Perhaps The Traveler isn't the only one of its kind?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread