Thoughts so far (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 00:01 (3440 days ago) @ stabbim

These are just the ones I've tried out. I don't have all the exotics, and I didn't bother with Pocket Infinity due to the accidental nerf that's apparently happened.

Bad Juju: It doesn't suck now! I used it for the daily (at 28) and never felt like it wasn't working well. Previously, I was running the clip down before getting kills WAY too often, and spent all my time reloading. Those extra few shots really make the difference. I made it through most of the encounters without a reload. The super buff makes it feel a little more special, like there's some black magic going on. Also, I can actually see where I'm aiming, which is nice. I don't know how it stacks up on kill time, etc., but it's FUN now, and you actually feel like the unique perk is doing something.

Side note: When I tested it out, I didn't yet know that the exotic upgrades had gotten more attainable (prior to the last tier, that is), so I still had 3 upgrades not done. I've since upgraded it to 291 (all but the last tier), but haven't re-tested. The point is, it wasn't fully leveled and still felt solid.

Mida: I was already kind of in love with this gun on my new hunter, and it's only gotten better now. The knockback tweak is very noticeable - my new technique for knights is to just aim at their head and keep firing. They almost never have time to put their shield up; they're too busy staggering backward. As it happens, in addition to this being exotic tweak day, it was also the day I unlocked Mida's unique perk, so this gun suddenly got a lot better in a short amount of time.

Super Good Advice: I didn't actually use it in combat, but I test-fired it a bit and the reduced recoil is very noticeable. I probably need to play around with the different ballistics types now and see if I can get away with using something stronger. The recoil on this thing never bothered me much before since the majority of the missed shots don't use ammo, but I won't argue with slightly faster kill times (due to less time spent missing).

Truth: Pretty much the same, with a bigger mag. Even though the patch notes say it's 3, mine is 2. I think someone else on here noticed the same thing. Regardless, it's the same launcher you loved before, with less reloading. Also, my total ammo for it is higher now - previously I could only hold 5 total shots, now it's 6. I haven't equipped anything that should be increasing my heavy ammo and/or rocket ammo.

Vex Mythoclast Quite simply even more of a beast. It love shooting strike bosses with it and seeing their health bars visibly move down :-)

Hard Light More stability is better. It's just better.

Monte Carlo Still useless in PvE because special Melees are bad except maybe for a warlock. In PvP this gun could be very interesting now.

Red Death I personally preferred the old one. Kill times feel longer.

Pocket Infinity Patch broke it. Unsuitable as an exotic until it's fixed.

Icebreaker Same as always really. I selected the fast aim perk now that range has been removed.

Patience and Time Essentially the same as always.

You covered Mida and Bad Juju, and I agree totally. I may try bad Juju for the Vex mobs in tomorrow's hard mode raid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread