BWU (Destiny)

by scarab @, Saturday, December 06, 2014, 01:56 (3452 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So the next step in understanding why it was fun is to understand that the slow way of doing the grind isn't fun to many people. It was work, something you had to do to get the stuff you need to enjoy the fun stuff more.

Given the choice of spending a short time doing work or a long time doing work, it was more fun taking a short time with the added bonus of having some fun stuff kick off whilst you were doing the work.

Specifically:

You missed out and I don't think you realize just how much you missed out.

I forgot to mention the grimoire scores and card unlocks that killing so many high level Hive and Fallen generated. The heavy weapon kills, super kills, ...

Gawd, I really miss the loot cave :-) It took the shit and turned it into something good.

But it had to stop, your gif shows why. It provided a simple image that showed, all too clearly, what was wrong with Destiny. An hour long youtube vid of somebody running around ticking off bounties and story missions wouldn't make the point as well. They would be grinding but you would have to do it to feel the grind. A one second looping gif makes the point immediately so the cave had to go.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread