New player question (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, March 22, 2015, 17:30 (3341 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Sounds awesome! Looking into purchasing now... how much are new players penalized? Will I ever be able to make it to the top? Or will I forever be behind since I didn't participate in the prior events?

I started back in December of '13, and Sammy started in August of '14, and we're pretty much on the same level. The only penalty for new players is access to a handful of rare mod sets, but they've been slowly adding them to new minor Events, and you can trade for them, although they tend to be pricey (in-game items and currencies).

As far as "making it to the top", you can go to the chats and find clans that recruit new people pretty easily. Many times the people in clans will be more than happy to help you out. Prior events mostly shape the current state of the world. A Grimoire-like library is being added to the Relays, and the in-game codex can explain almost everything.

Also, I've gone into PvP matches as a very low level character, and I've come out on top. It's balanced in neat ways, though PvP is getting a great overhaul this week/month.

There's a steep learning curve, but once you figure things out, you're set.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread