By that logic, matchmaking shouldn't exist at all. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 01, 2015, 21:32 (3245 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Kermit, Monday, June 01, 2015, 22:15

By what logic? Not mine.

*Sigh*

I can't read the article right now but I strongly disagree with the premise that finding a team to tackle challenging activities should be push-button easy. No one thinks this way about any other team activities.

Yes, they do. They EXPECT it. And they're ENTITLED to it. We pay $60 to have access to the game itself, then another $60 every year so we're allowed to play other people. Matchmaking is typically included, as it has with EVERY OTHER ONLINE BUNGIE GAME INCLUDING THIS ONE!

You don't walk down to the park and expect two full basketball teams to be there waiting for you, minus a slot just for you.

No. And you don't have to pay $60 for the right to shoot hoops, or pay the NBA $60 annually for the right to play with other people.

Your analogy is terrible. Bungie owes it's player-base a better way to connect.

What's with the sighing and YELLING and hyperbole about my terrible analogy? I don't even know what we disagree about. You said you don't think there should be match-making for raids and Bungie should give us a better way to connect. I agree.

The higher-level activities go beyond what I think people expect from video games, and that's what I meant. By teams I meant organized sports, where the more commitment you give and relationships you build, the more rewarding and successful the activity becomes. I think Bungie made the right choice. People complain about the lack of matchmaking, but I think that would pale next to the complaints they'd get about the results of matchmaking for high-level activities.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread