How to beat Skolas (Guide) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 08, 2015, 19:58 (3213 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

First of all, thanks for reading it!

This is incomplete:

My group tends to treat the elevated platform in the far left corner of the arena as our "home base". We find it to be the most easily defensible position. There is another, smaller elevated platform in the far right corner, which we treat as "position B"

You didn't mention the only actual safe area -- underneath the far right corner. You could stay down there and nothing would spawn or attack you forever (as long as you don't shoot anything).

I specifically avoided talking about this technique for a few reasons (although I did link to your writeup so people can check it out).

a) I haven't tried it myself yet, so I don't have a great feel for it. I definitely want to check it out, though.

b) This is more of a playstyle preference than anything, but I just don't feel comfortable spending much time in a position where I feel "cornered". For me, part of being "in control" of this battle is keeping a good overview of the entire arena and constantly clearing adds out of the right and left lanes... none of which you can effectively do from under the right-side platform (if I understand correctly). That said, it is great to have a "danger free" zone to retreat to. I really want to give it a try for myself. Certainly sounds like a great method :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread