How to beat Skolas (Guide) (Destiny)

by DreadPirateWes, Wednesday, July 08, 2015, 20:21 (3214 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by DreadPirateWes, Wednesday, July 08, 2015, 20:24

b) This is more of a playstyle preference than anything, but I just don't feel comfortable spending much time in a position where I feel "cornered". For me, part of being "in control" of this battle is keeping a good overview of the entire arena and constantly clearing adds out of the right and left lanes... none of which you can effectively do from under the right-side platform (if I understand correctly). That said, it is great to have a "danger free" zone to retreat to. I really want to give it a try for myself. Certainly sounds like a great method :)

I feel the same way -- the "normal" way is more fun and enjoyable. But camping under the platform makes the fight go much faster because you don't spend much time circling the map and you are less likely to wipe and have to start over. It's also much easier to teach because there's less improv.

This is a bit like a Nexus nightfall. I really like running all around the bottom, trying to stay alive, killing the vex adds, and shooting the boss occasionally. However, staying up top and dealing with the Minotaur every so often is just so much easier. Skolas isn't quite that extreme because you can't stay in your hidey hole the entire fight, so you at least get a taste of the good stuff.

PS I know a lot of time goes into a post like this... you have time to put it together at work?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread