Anybody seen this? Live action trailer.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 00:00 (3988 days ago) @ electricpirate

How could I rule it out before I even know much about it? How could I even decide at this point when they haven't even pinned down what type of game it is?

You've said this a couple of times and I'm not sure where it comes from, as we have a pretty good idea at this point.

It's an action RPG from the first person perspective (ala borderlands), with a matchmaking based system to dynamically share your world with other players (similar to Dark Souls) and containing large scale shared player hubs (ala PSO).

I mean, that leaves out a ton of details, and doesn't say anything of it's quality, but we have a pretty good idea of the genres the game encompasses and a high level view of how content is structured.

That's pretty speculative. I think it's speculation on fairly solid ground, but it's still speculative.

In another thread, I saw someone ask how crafting would work. They're apparently inferring that from "action RPG" but nothing has been said about it, and I'd actually be pretty surprised if any was included. Clearly some people like that and are looking forward to it, and may be disappointed if it is not included, because to them, that's what "shared world action RPG" means.

So I do think it's too early for anyone to decide if they haven't taken the position that they're going to buy it because it's Bungie's next game. (Which is basically my position.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread