What's better than a Hawkmoon? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 14, 2015, 21:54 (3229 days ago) @ Kahzgul

"Hey, Sony is going to make us a pack-in game, pay for half of our advertising budget, and offer special support pricing on PS+ servers... so, uh, what can you give them for what's basically 100 million dollars? To which Bungie was like "two maps, a strike, two guns, and then some sets of crap armor no one will ever, and we mean ever care about."

"Three maps, three strikes, Four guns, and then some sets of crap armor no one will ever, and we mean ever care about."

FTFY :P

I'd also wager that a degree of this "exclusive" deal was to keep Activision in Sony's good graces after all of the Call of Duty exclusives going to Microsoft. I hate that video game quality takes a backseat to corporate politics, but when it does, the developer is usually not the party to blame (in my professional experience).

I dunno. Sony's also got the CoD exclusivity now (Exclusive early Beta access and everything, too), so it seems like Activision and Sony are like this, son!
Which is even better, because they're finally doing the first good (Treyarch developed) Call of Duty game in years... But yeah, exclusivity deals suck. I'm going to have to wait a year before playing "Rise of the Tomb Raider", but it's likely going to come with all of the DLC, so it'll be worth the wait.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread