You're forgetting

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 01, 2013, 17:56 (3990 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, June 01, 2013, 18:00

You're forgetting that nearly all of the creative works out there are products of the matrix. And like the people in Plato's cave who only see white when they look out the entrance, they can;t talk about what's outside without going there first. You're right that good art is hard to find, but I think it's rarer than you admit.

This is why all great art has genesis in real experience.

This also makes me wonder why you even bother with video games at all if your standards are as high as you say, when they are the lowest of the low when it comes to exploring the human condition in a serious way. I know of 2 that provide original and meaningful insight. Both by the same guy. Both with lots of garbage mixed in. "But Cody, plenty of other games explore worthwhile themes!" I'll answer your objection with a question: "You think that's air you're breathing?"

The reason why games fail should be obvious: most of the people making games never have any real experiences about the things they make games about. At best, they have the matrix to tell them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread