This

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, June 01, 2013, 22:49 (3989 days ago) @ ZackDark

I used to do just that that you described, Levi. Over-thinking, over-analyzing, slowly doing less and less because of the sheer number of possibilities stuff could go wrong.

Lately, I have been making conscious effort to keep myself lighthearted. Just trying to enjoy the moments, opposed to nitpicking the hell out of them.

I don't think I have had more fun in a very long time.

Glad to hear it! :) Still working on it myself. The last time the Eternal Skeptic took me for a spin was at the end of a line of art projects and promising career opportunities falling through last year - the kind of opportunities that I wanted to use to validate myself and what I spent all my time on. It was first a depression, but then all of the sudden it fell away into apathy in a single moment. It became a sort of existential crisis. And then during that bout of nothingness, my dog passed away. Since then I've been basically building my world view back up on a broken heart and regret that I wasn't as fun as I could have been the last couple of days with him.

But at least these days the over-thinking is managed and I'm making some art again. I think the problem now is that I'm still waiting for that validation of everything I've been trying to work towards, and it's an outside factor I can't ultimately control. But right now I'm just trying to ignore all that and dedicate what free time I have to my Mayflower comic. Let it consume me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread