The irony

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 01, 2013, 17:57 (3989 days ago) @ Leviathan

The difference might be that after I got it, I found that philosophical hall of mirrors from which there is no escape to be nihilistic, and rejected it.

This line really resonates. It seems to be a debate (and sometimes the decision) that I make every day. Or hour. My descent into unhealthy over-thinking has occurred in spiraling waves all of my remembered life. Each time, the wave hits worse. In the last seven years, the waves have reduced me to an eternal skeptic in a field of fog with no reason to move, and each time for a longer dose of time. Gorging myself on science or philosophy while in this mode has only ever worsened it. I've found that too often is a truth destroyed by trying to nail it down to exact words, systems, and classifications. That can also be a distortion of our adventure.

I'm really curious as to your experiences, because where you both see nihilism, I see freedom.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread