Landfall and Stormtrance are both complete bullshit. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 23:03 (2962 days ago) @ slycrel

The fact that it combines the powers of Arc Blade (+chaining) with Fist of Havoc should immediately tell you something is wrong with Stormtrance's design. Heck, I seem to recall calling that out based just The Taken King's early trailers.

This is interesting to me. Of the 3 new classes stormcaller is least interesting to me. The flavor is great, not as much the function. I've grown to like it, but it's not perfect by any means. When it was new I felt overpowered. Now it's as hit or miss as any other super I use from any other class.

Or, put it this way, if a Titan could smash your team then continue Supering them across the map for another 10 or 15 seconds would that be ok?

Uh, can't they already do that using hammers and sunspots?

No. A Sunbreaker is much more easily evaded and runs out significantly quicker. At long range, they have reach but can't hit crap that is airborne. At close range they have to point the correct direction and aim. Stormcallers, with their 360 degree area of effect Super activation and lightening chaining? Not so much.

I get that this is a rant thread. I agree that stormcallers can be frustrating at times. So can a number of other supers. I guess I jumped in because people were crying "nerf!" I don't know that stormcaller will get used much at all with a substantial nerf. I already don't use it much for trials or small-group PvP. If I list longer chaining it would be okay, but not great. If I lost damage I probably wouldn't use it much at all.

Well it sure as heck needs to lose something. In PvE a Stormcaller can zap many many lower level enemies very quickly. Compared to any other Super their advantage is clearly overwhelming. In PvP they kill around corners, they kill up close when pointing the wrong direction, they kill when they are directly above you and couldn't otherwise attack you. And once they are done with that, their Super lasts so long that the people I play with all frequently curse the Stormcaller that kills them, crosses a large map, then kills them again.

Bungie started signaling a nerd to Stormcallers and a buff to Sunsingers months ago. I just hope they do enough... and that they dispense with the notion that it's ok for a single subclass (the Defender) to have a significantly worse k/d and point spread than every other subclass.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread