Overpowering Bubbles! (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 15:46 (2963 days ago) @ dogcow

What makes me mad is my Super cannot kill, and requires me to perform complex, perfectly timed maneuvers, to defeat any other Super while the Stormcallers just have to point in my general direction (sometimes, other times they just shoot a friendly near me from around a corner!) and hold down their trigger to destroy my bubble and kill me. And that's if they didn't pop the bubble in the very first instant their super activates!

I don't want an invincible bubble. I do want an end to the bullshit of a 20 second Super canceling my Super in its first tenth of a second...

And yep, Arc Blade is so underpowered compared to Stormtrance in both PvE and PvP. It's stupid watching a pair of Stormcallers mop up entire waves of Prison of Elders with their lightening arcing into three enemies at once while my Bladedancer might barely be able to kill two enemies total per super.

Can we please have Bubbles be a touch overpowered for a little bit in PvP? Maybe just for a month?

What changes could be made to make bubbles just a little over powered, but not too much? Or maybe ways they could be used offensively? Aside from placing them right in Slycrel's way, that's almost always offensive.
- Deplete 1/3 of the opponents health caught in the bubble on deployment?
- Temporary suppression when entering a bubble?
- AoE damage when the bubble goes away?

I would make it so that the bubble returned damage to the user who shot the outside of it. It would mean you could actually keep people from firing at it. Or, if you are good enough you could pop it when you see an incoming projectile.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread