Storytelling in Destiny 2 - Effects of Guardian Progression (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 13:37 (2832 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by dogcow, Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 14:01

I do wish there was enough content in Destiny that I could completely level up, or even just get to a Light Level where I can do any normal activity without hinderance, without having to repeat anything. It does feel kinda odd to complete all the story content and not yet even be able to use a year two Legendary weapon or armor piece...

I totally agree. I've a similar but different quibble:

I played through the entire campaign with my brother-in-law & the refer-a-friend program. One thing that seriously bugged him (and mildly annoys me) is that the end-of-mission/quest-rewards were consistently below our current light level.

Quest-Rewards
A) Should be at or above our current light level. Drawback: could be seen as incentive to wait until you're near max light, especially for exotic rewards.
B) If not (A) then they should show what light the reward will be so players can do the quest at an appropriate time.
C) Possibly could benefit from light-level gating such that people don't skip to the highest rewarding quests thus accelerating their progression. (I believe this is currently possible, if you know the light level of the rewards).

End of Mission Rewards
A) Should be at or above our current light level.
B) Why don't we get rewards the 2nd time we play a story mission or strike? We get them when we play the strikes again in a playlist.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread