Good point. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 15:57 (2832 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm always wishing Patrol was more challenging and more rewarding. The Dreadnaught, too, was a small step in the right direction with its fairly large variety of interesting little activities and challenges. I expect even more of that in Rise of Iron, but it really need to go further than disconnected challenges, no matter how novel they are. I want direct story integration, where the Patrol spaces evolve along with the plot, instead of months or years later when expansions give us Patrol updates...

The thing about making patrol start changing depending on your progress is that then you have to join people into a patrol space based on that. Suddenly you have to categorize players into 100+ groups based on their progress. Also that means you will have to have that many map spaces depending on players progress. That could get ugly fast. But maybe not? maybe it's just too much work right now for Bungie to handle. Sure it's easy to say that they should have done it from the get go, but I'm more worried about what they can do from here on out.

The better way to do it, I think, would be to add more high-level patrol activities that require an "opt-in" approach. The Dreadnought had some stuff along these lines (activating the launch codes, for example). The problem with the Dreadnought is it became clear very quickly that none of the activities or secrets would reward high-level players with anything they could use.

I think it would be great to be able to go into patrol alone or with a fireteam and summon bosses or start little mini questlines that reward a nightfall-tier drop.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread