Good point. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 16:00 (2832 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The thing about making patrol start changing depending on your progress is that then you have to join people into a patrol space based on that. Suddenly you have to categorize players into 100+ groups based on their progress. Also that means you will have to have that many map spaces depending on players progress. That could get ugly fast. But maybe not? maybe it's just too much work right now for Bungie to handle. Sure it's easy to say that they should have done it from the get go, but I'm more worried about what they can do from here on out.

This is definitely a problem that would have to be overcome. I wonder if "simply" placing the evolving areas of patrol in a separate instance would be sufficient. I see problems when you join up with players that haven't progressed through as much of the game tho'. I'm sure it could be handled somehow, but I question if it's possible without immersion breaking oddities.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread