Now that we've played a ridiculous amount of Supremacy... (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 20:59 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade

I'm not a huge PvP fan, and I certainly don't play hyper-aggressive either, so the first day of IB I HATED it. Absolutely just was left wondering, "why do I play this game? This is not FUN."

Then I played a bit more with larger fireteams, and opened up my tactics a bit - I still can't hold my own with most of the slide-shottys out there, but I discovered the IB fusion rifle is quite effective at keeping them away from me, provided I keep an eye on my radar and watch my corners. I DID have to pick up my game a bit, in terms of reaction time - you have to engage or retreat IMMEDIATELY, there's no time to ponder mid-fight. Plan your attack and execute. Keep doing that until it doesn't work, then immediately reroute.

By the end of IB Week I discovered that you don't have to play hyper-aggressive to have fun, and even WIN; but it takes a BUNCH more active communication, coordination and tactics to do so. I actually think Supremecy is one of the MORE tactically-inclined gametypes, because basic Rambo-run-n-gun will NOT always take the points.

I can definitely see myself playing more PvP with Supremecy on the palate - only with friends though. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread