I love Supremacy. I also think you're playing it wrong. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 19:09 (2760 days ago) @ BeardFade

Based purely on your description, it sounds like you're taking a weapon you don't like into CQC situations you're not comfortable in and then getting upset when it doesn't work out the way you want. I suggest playing to your strengths. Just as grabbing enemy crests is important, so is picking up friendly ones. Every team needs 2-3 people who hang back a bit, teamshoot the enemy, and also pick up any friendly crests that may drop.

Change your priority from attacking the enemy to helping your teammates. Spawn in and run to the nearest green dot on your radar. Shoot the guys he's shooting at, pick up his crest if he dies. The enemy may kill both of you, but they'll still only get credit for one kill.

And let's talk guns. Even though I run my shotgun in Supremacy, it's not my first option. I very much prefer to hang back a bit and light 'em up with my hand cannon. Got a buddy? You can both pull the trigger once, and if one of you gets a LitC proc, the enemy dies.

For the record, I think the throwing knife is the second best melee in the game (behind stormcaller absurd range melee). Remember how I mentioned LitC earlier? Your throwing knife does more damage than that. One shot from your HC, throw a knife. Rinse, repeat ad nauseum. Plus you can assume everyone is running a shotgun. Which means a fusion rifle will mop them the hell up.

On a more general note for all crucible: You may not be using your jump effectively. I strongly encourage you to watch some streamer vids and notice how often they're airborne. That's how they avoid corner camping shotgunners and hard-scoping snipers. Jumping is also often the easiest and fastest way to change your direction while moving, throwing off enemy aim and allowing you to create distance when you lose track of someone else's movement. Sliding is great, too. You should try to have your head at "head height" as little as possible.

The TL;DR is just to play to your strengths, use the weapons you like best, and don't fall prey to the shotgun rushers only mentality of 90% of the Supremacy players I encounter.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread