Oh great, here we go again... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:02 (2761 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 21:09

Gunslinger and Nightstalker melees (meaning knife stabs, not charged ones) are inherently weaker because they cannot be augmented by a charged melee. These two classes have ranged melees, but the knife requires great accuracy to use well, and smoke takes time to deploy. The Bladedancer outclasses these other two melee-wise because it can stab with it's charged melee.

As a fusion rifle player, throwing knife has saved my ass a ton. If you connect with your fusion rifle shot, but don't land enough bolts to kill, you can throw a knife and kill them well before you could charge another shot. Smoke is also insanely annoying and amazing at area control.

I am baffled when you say Blink Strike is better than either of these two if I understand you correctly. What do you mean augmented by a charged melee?

I also am not great with fusion rifles. I don't really know why. I hit people as squarely as I think I can and it only does half damage, whereas I die in one shot to Fusion rifles on a fairly regular basis.

Are you using a fast charging low impact fusion rifle? Those suck. They lack range and their bolts do little damage. A high impact one will kill anybody regardless of armor in 4 of the 7 bolts. If you are consistently not killing, it means you are not landing enough bolts. Either you are beyond the range for you weapon, or the stability is causing bolts to miss. Both are rectified by using a high impact fusion rifle with range or stability upgrades. Most fusion rifles recoil up, so aim for their crotch.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread