Now that we've played a ridiculous amount of Supremacy... (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 23:41 (2761 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I play a lot as a Gunslinger and Nightstalker and our melees are just complete weak sauce compared to every other melee out there

Defenders have a shorter range melee than any Hunter melee, charged or uncharged. Worse, Defenders get absolutely nothing until a kill... which is just super when Warlocks punch at beyond Shotgun ranges and Hunters have all kinds of deadly ranged attacks. Not really sure what your complaint is in regard to charged vs uncharged Hunter melees either... Unless I'm mistaken, and aside from Backstab, you do the same amount of damage in the Crucible if you connect with any close range (knife stab) melee attack, charged or not.

I actually think throwing knife and smoke are my favorite melees in the game. I will say however (and I have no idea if this is what BeardFace is talking about) that the lunge on the uncharged Hunter melees is really annoying. With Warlocks, charged or not, it's an energy burst that hits them, and with Titans, while it's short range, I've very rarely had a whiff unexpectedly (unless you take blinking and rolling into the equation). With Hunters on the other hand, you have to do a lunge to hit with the melee, and the game sucks at calculating when it should lunge instead of using your charged melee, and your character can get caught on almost any geometry as well. The number of times I have a charged melee, but instead completely whiff because the game decided incorrectly that I was in melee range is infuriating.

The worst example of this I've had is having a table or low wall between me and the enemy, and the game decided I was close enough (which I would've been without the obstruction) so instead of throwing my charged melee like I expect, it instead lunges and smacks agains the obstruction.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread