Age of Triumph Destiny is the best Destiny (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, April 07, 2017, 13:26 (2576 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've always felt like I would enjoy Destiny a lot more if I didn't have to worry about the level grind, playing activities I don't want to play just because they yield the drops I need, playing the first half of a raid over and over until I've leveled up enough to tackle the 2nd half of the raid.

I agree, but for different reasons, and they might even be wrong reasons :P

Before AoT I was 391 light. With my play style, I might increase 1 level every two weeks. And since I never play strikes, that increase was slowing down. Since AoT I'm up to 394 and climbing fast. What this means is, I'm playing for rank whereas before, I was playing for fun. BUT, it's fun to rank up! Before, all engrams were dropping at 385 and getting annoying. With AoT I'm getting higher light engrams and greater drop rates with 3oC and it's felt satisfying.

Relating to what you said, I HATE IT when you have to play the game just to play the game. Just let me play the game!! What I mean by that is, when I boot up the game, just give it all to me. Don't make me complete X% to unlock this level. Don't make me grind over here to unlock this over hear...just let me play the game! The perfect example of this was Year 1 destiny between level 0-20. You can't do anything until you hit level 20.

So yes...with AoT they have finally "given it all" to us and it's much more fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread