I despise good equipment being locked behind Raids. (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Saturday, April 08, 2017, 19:00 (2574 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I do not believe a game like Destiny should make it so difficult to get good equipment. Especially Raid specific equipment. Maybe Raid specific equipment shouldn't even exist.

Destiny's content should be more fun for more people and there should be more of it with more frequent refreshes.

Not to be a complete douche, I like the changes at second bridge of Croata's End.

Just curious: do you feel that activity-specific equipment just shouldn't be a thing in Destiny? Given the way Destiny handles loot, I don't have any problem with the Raids dropping some of the best gear in the game, because they are some of the most challenging activities. If nothing else, I enjoy the idea of gear that fits into the theme of a raid. Weapons and armor that are visually based on the raid itself, and have perks that make them particularly effective in that raid.

Coming at it from a different angle, maybe there just needs to be better loot rewards for other activities? If strike-chests and Nightfall rewards were more exciting, would that help?

I don't mind so much superficial items like pretty armour coming from specific activities. At the same time those activities should be more attainable by the majority. I think I've read, there are huge numbers of Destiny owners who never get to earn Raid weapons, let alone even see the Raid content itself. Shouldn't they get the most that could be had out of this game? They paid the same money.

I love Destiny a lot but that love comes at a price. I get ticked off pretty quick when I realize I can't get stuff or see stuff and it might be because I'm a loner or not skilled enough. That same equipment I can't get now may again stop me from doing something else in the future.

I don't want to come up with a complete redesign for Destiny because it's already very good. I think I'd like to see a system where you grind in fun activities for modules to use on things you like. Earn a Burn module and put it on your favorited automatic. Earn an enemy perk put it on another weapon. In other words, prepare yourself for the activity you hope to succeed at. Maybe less of RNG being such an influencer. I want my activities to reward me with options and not just another roll for useless loot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread