Destiny endgame: The rich get richer. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Sunday, April 09, 2017, 06:03 (2574 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Destiny has a problem in that it reserves the best gear, generally speaking, for the people who complete the hard mode raids or who win at trials of osiris.

That's dumb.

You're taking players who need to help to beat the hardest challenges in the game, and then giving them help. All while telling the players who actually need that help "git gud."

So frustrating.

IMO the hardest content of the game should reward you with very excellent cosmetic items. The Trials armor tokens were a nice touch, and I think similar high-profile cosmetic items should be all you get. That way the best players can show off, but they don't get a little nudge pushing them even farther ahead of the other players whom they are already better than.

Before anyone says it, I understand the attitude of "why shouldn't I get the best thing for beating the hardest thing?" The answer is that you clearly don't need the hardest thing to be made any easier. You enjoyed the challenge; why would you want it to suddenly be less challenging? Because you're only going back to farm it for the loot. Be honest, if you didn't get "the best guns" from that hardmode raid, would you even play it? If the answer is yes, then hey - you don't need those guns to have fun in that raid! Leave the guns behind for the people who need them. If the answer is no, then guess what - you can still farm guns from easier activities while leaving hard mode as a challenge for people that seek a challenge rather than a brick wall people feel they "must" throw themselves against in order to get the guns they think they need.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread