Crucible Thoughts (Destiny)

by yakaman, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 11:33 (2393 days ago)

I've only played some Crucible, and most of the time I play alone or with a couple of pretty casual PvP friends. So obviously, small data set, and from a casual point of view.

I seem to be on the wrong side of blow-outs more than in D1. I feel like I'm playing pretty well and the stats seem to back that up. So I'm wondering if the smaller team size has increased the ratio of matches between dedicated vs rando teams. I've been in a decent amount of close games, so I think matchmaking is working pretty well. Interested to hear what your experiences have been.

It seems like D2 Crucible has been much more about gun play than powers or abilities. The Grenade recharges so slowly (am I imagining this?) that I will often completely forget about it. It's barely a consideration. Also, I seem to find myself fighting at distance almost all the time, so the Melee ability is also an afterthought. Admittedly, the gun play is fucking fabulous, and this is probably a function of my personal play style, but in D1 when shotguns were a thing in Crucible my beloved Sunsinger was all about close quarters.

Speaking of the Sunsinger...I mourn daily the mockery that is D2 Solar Warlock. For the love of all that is holy, please Bungie. Please. Let me opt out of that god-awful sword and let me toss grenades like a boss. Take away the resurrection if you want. Please.

In all seriousness, I only fire the super in PvE to recharge my abilities. Again, this is almost certainly personal preference, but I find the sword use and aiming strangely...uncomfortable? Clumsy? Something.

TL;DR

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread