Hunters can't reach more than 6 recovery because of a glitch (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 20, 2017, 08:53 (2393 days ago) @ Xenos

I wrote up a large reply and then my browser crashed. So, summary of what I wrote: Hunters are not as underpowered as people imply, they are just a class that's intended to keep moving. You have 0/7/7, my Hunter is currently rocking 4/5/6, not that much lower on recovery OR resilience, both of which is made up by the Hunter's ability to get out of situations as long as you learn to use your dodge at the right times. As far as abilities, we don't get anything crazy like devour, but they do reward maneuvering while engaging, and if you can master it you can do really well, it just plays very differently than the other two classes, both of which have abilities that literally encourage you to stand and fight head on.

Totally. I ran 7/5/1 all of IB with my Hunter, which is my worst class, and never felt like a firefight was stacked unfairly against me. I would engage, kill, and GTFO more than I would as a Warlock or Titan, sure, but most of the time it was to hit the enemy from a different angle, or to lure them to my teammates. You gotta know your class's strengths and weaknesses. Honestly, when I finally switched over to my Titan, I found myself trying to dodge over and over, since I'd come to rely on the usefulness of it. The enemy must have just thought that I was teabagging in the middle of engagements...

Oh and P.S.
I get two Golden Guns most matches with my Hunter

Same, and a lot of that had to do with the fact that I'd get to stay alive long enough to collect teammates' orbs more than I do with my other classes, thanks to the increased mobility.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread