yes (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 27, 2017, 12:31 (2349 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/934945967194779648

The Destiny 2 API has yet to be adjusted to reflect the recent in game change to earned XP. We are working on an API update to address the discrepancy. The correct value to earn an additional level is 160,000 XP.

This really feels like a stupid topic with a bunch of butthurt people. (I may be slightly butthurt myself tbh.) But big picture this is a saddening thing for me. This isn't the same Bungie from days of Halo. Both in physical personality and mentality. This whole "we make games we want to play" thing is starting to look transparent to their goals. "We want to unhide the fun" (paraphrase) is now starting to sound like indoctrination.

I never want to assume they are doing things for devious reasons and it's unfair to vilify them for wanting to make money. The world of game development and revenue generation has changed since days of Halo and Bungie has properly evolved with the industry. But Bungie has always been recognized as one of the few creators that are plugged in with their fan base and working with them to make improvements. Destiny 2 has really felt like it's just been a back and forth battle with constant downgrades by both parties. This is a perfect example. They "got caught" with this XP system, responded (arguably) rather poorly, and "fixed" it be leveling everything out and doubling the required XP. So something that was only affecting some of the players is now affecting all of the players...quite a bit. That feels like a double down "We are sick of your nitpicking bullshiz guys, maybe this will learn ya.)

Halo was so much fun and created so many memories. The multiplayer was a blast with so much variety! The stories were thoughtful and well contained. It's like they spent 12 or so years developing the perfect game and learned nothing from it and decided to start from scratch...twice. So what has changed the most. Bungie? The Industry? Us? I need some positivity yall. Am I way off base?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread