I have an honest criticism(observ) that doesnt seem adressed (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, December 01, 2017, 14:08 (2345 days ago) @ Harmanimus
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, December 01, 2017, 14:13

I'm pretty sure everything she is selling is going away. Or at the very least the exotic stuff. I know there is going to be new of whatever armor she gives away.

Explicit mentions of optimacy sets, emotes (specifically focus on exotic ones) as well as sparrows and ships from the TwitchCon stream, I believe. As well as Ghost shells. Shaders were specifically identified as not going away.

I don’t remember if Exotic Ornaments were mentioned in the context of Bright Engram changes.

I decided specifically to wait on this reply for the big "State of the State" address and THAB to see if they cleared up specifically which items will be rotated out. Sorry this post is kind of a hot mess. I've never been very eloquent, which tends to encourage me to keep my mouth shut.

Right. I was the one that posted a Youtube rip of the TwitchCon stream to the forum here... since it was not available any other way, at that time.

The entire point is, it was not explicitly CLEAR nor specified during the stream. We are all still guessing about certain items.

The stream focused on Exotics (Emote, Ship, Sparrow). They didn't show every emote that would be going. They showed 1 Exotic Emote that would be for sure going (Six Shooter) and talked about another one that we can surmise will probably be going away (Spicy Ramen). Showed 1 Exotic Ship that would be going, showed 1 Exotic Sparrow that would be going, showed 1 Ghost that would be going. Along with these what else exactly is going?

Looking back, I think they DID say that Shaders and Exotic Ornaments WILL NOT be specific to Seasons. Meaning, I bet they will add to and rotate the stocks but certain Exotic Ornaments won't get locked away forever and will still be available later

I'd love to see Season One Bright Engram loot remain in the Season 2 loot pool instead of being taken away "forever". I think I would feel less badly about the whole XP thing if this was the case?

For whatever reason during release week I thought it would be cool to track my number of Bright Engrams after reaching Power Level 20 as it would be a mark of how many times I've "leveled up" and earned/received something that I did not and will not pay for.
As I have played the game I have thrown a tally into a notebook next to my TV for each Bright Engram at the time I've decoded it. I've only played one character so far. I started a Titan a week or so ago, but have not progressed past The Farm or earned a Bright Engram for it yet.

(there have been other applicable threads for this observation, but I have decided multiple times not to bring it up in past threads)

I looked up my playtime on some tracker site and it is just north of 200 hours - who knows how much of that is campaign up to 20, AFK, garbage time, etc. (I'm not sure if this ranks as a little time or a lot of time - I don't have any lens for comparison.)

I have "earned" and decoded approximately 44 Bright Engrams
(sure, I may have missed one or two or counted one twice along the way)

I have barely sharded anything so far I think. Judging by my inventory, from these 44 engrams I've received:

I recently sharded my shaders which netted me around 1475 Bright Dust. I did not realize that deleting shaders would give me Dust. I would have rather continued to collect these shaders since they could be leaving the market at some point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of what I have received so far. I just have a dreadful feeling because basically none of the items I have are on the list of things that are leaving the game. (1 exotic ship qualifies, I think) There are a big handful of other items that are going to go away and I will not have them nor be able to collect them ever again.

If you told me there will be a Season of Triumph at the end of all of this and I will be able to have a chance at these items again I will feel a lot less badly.

*Sadness Emote* (not even kidding, one of the last items I received from a Bright Engram last night)
How many hours invested is required to overcome the "Bad Beat"? How many Engrams must be opened in order to overcome the "Bad Beat"?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread