The heart of this issue, IMO... (Destiny)

by Zero @, Florida, Monday, November 27, 2017, 16:14 (2349 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I can only think of 2 possible reasons for Bungie to clamp down on XP gains. It could be that Bungie thought that grinding Public Events would get players up to level 20 too quickly... but if that's the case, I would ask 2 things:
a) Really?
and b) then why hide the fact that XP gains were being reduced? Why not be transparent about it?

The other explanation I can think of does not look so good for Bungie. And that's the possibility that they didn't want players earning Bright Engrams so quickly that they'd never feel the need to buy any. So they artificially slowed down the progression towards earning them, and hid it from the player.

While either of those can be true, there's the possibility of a 3rd option: Bungie just honestly trying to steer players away from activities that can be completed too quickly for rewards to longer activities that might be more rewarding XP wise; which they did in Reach. Problem with that is though, Public Events are too rewarding regardless of how quickly they get done and every other activity is not as rewarding and subject to the token economy leaving most players who participate not feeling like their time was valued. But something like that's a whole other discussion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread