Review of Events (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 02, 2014, 18:54 (3659 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, May 02, 2014, 19:22

My goodness this one is fun. If only I was still good at math.

I am looking at this and I am finding myself in a state of deep curiosity.
Time stand back and review the data.

Here is the events so far, and please correct me if I am incorrect.

April 30th was just another day. The Birds were chirping, the bees were buzzing, and the Guardians were gardening (our foes make for such a varied fertilizer). Such tranquility was broken by a message intercepted by the A.I known as /Sekhmet/ at 1424 Hours (2:24 PM) somewhere where a terrestrial satellite link was able to receive (?was sent) a message. Unfortunately the message became ever so delightfully scrambled due to interference, the cause believed to be /?atmospheric/ in nature.

Even with the data in this state, /Sekhmet/ concluded that the data sent was in fact still intact and the message could still be determined AKA /the answer/.

In light of this conclusion /Sekhmet/ did what any Self-aware Intelligence would do – have other Self-aware Intelligences solve it for the sake of entertainment. ;)

But /Sekhmet/ has a problem – this would require the other Self-aware Intelligences to use horribly beautiful abominations like math. And thinking. And not do work they should be doing – How ever would they be convinced to do this work? The answer was as simple as the solution to this problem.
---
Elements in …um… Hand? No. Databanks? Space Cloud something something… meh... In whatever form of data transfer an AI uses /Sekhmet/ posted the aforementioned data here.

So we – ever hungry for the slightest possibility of EPIC loot both gladly and begrudgingly did just that – kind of. So far. After poking at the first few obvious visual bits of the picture – we asked /Sekhmet/ if a higher resolution of the image existed – which /Sekhmet/ replied

Hey Sekhmet! Is it possible you have a higher resolution image available or is that not a possibility at this time?

//SIG_INT/DAT_STRM_INJECT/COMM.AI.DBO.SEKHMET //MODE/EN
//BEGIN-TX

The binary data included in the original message is sufficient for further analysis.

//END-TX

A few minutes later Samusaaron3 Found info encoded as ASCII in the image

From this image we concluded that it could be a distraction image – but since it also was our best and only lead - we disregarded the red herring as being just that (the phrase – not the image). We picked it apart – like hungry wolves do.

We posted what we found.
Patterns emerged.
Observations made manymanytimesover.
CodeCreated.
Questions asked to /Sekhmet/. Answered.
Requests were made and Done.

…and here now is where we stand. We have data – but not context.

Perhaps it is right in front of us? Perhaps there is a trigger we are required to do to get the missing piece? Perhaps even there is nothing at all - it is labeled ever so cryptically as Red Herring after all.

I know we will not end up like Shaka, when the walls fell.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread