I think... I have something. Its Big. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 16:46 (3658 days ago) @ Hoovaloov
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 17:38

I highlighted the positions of the 7s and tried to connect all the 7s on the grid with overlapping boxes. This probably isn't the only solution, and I'm not still not sure how we'll know when we have the right combination of numbers. In order for this to work, I had to rotate some of the white boxes horizontall/vertically, so this may not be the way to solve it.

[image]

Top to bottom in order - 78994734527???? ...
Its an interesting Idea - presuming the circles mean such a thing. How would read...
Unless its just to show numbers are important.

Presume it is from left to right up to down

78 99 47 34 52 7 67 4 158 74 ... in ASCII that's Nc/"4C�J

And the Magic 8 Ball is a game of chance so there for...
The Answer is The Lottery - because it's just like this puzzle. It's anyones guess.

Bulletproof.

Logical silliness aside - I feel I should mention something to all of you who don't know the significance of the number seven - which is also why it in some places is considered "lucky". I'm going off what I remember a fourth grade teacher teaching, so if something is off, fourth grade was... a while ago. Essentially, you are more likely to end up with seven then any other number (keeping in mind all numbers all just variations of 0-9). Its why Bungie likes it so much - they have alot more options to play with then if they had chosen say... two. Case and point - if you roll two of your basic every day six sided dice, it is most likely to end up seven then any other number.

I say this because its looking more and more possible that such a thing would be nice to know. While we are going in here and slappen' these numbers around tryin' to make am sing like a canary see (maaaah), the reason for all the patterns and such is because that is the nature of the number.

Also just because - since Greek numbers use letters I played around with the idea of it spelling SOMETHING. FYI - Greek numbers AREN'T the I,V,C,M deal. That is Roman numbers. Greek numbers use...well... look at this link or the Wikipedia vers. because internet.

Image just because. ---> [image]

Alpha - or A.Beta or B ...so forth.

Its our best lead yet. If there is ANY way that we are going to spell anything out with WORDS - its going to be that. It makes any 5's and 8's into types of E's the most used letter of the English language.

Now - LETS GO AND SOLVE THIS THING!!!! :D

Thoughts?

Edit: Deeper digging - want to make sure the pic I posted is accurate in its retelling of-sounds. Feel free to call me out if what is posted is incorrect.

Edit2: Or it might be something so simple that might just be it. No letters required.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread