Is it stupid, though? (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 15:19 (3466 days ago) @ stabbim

Bungie didn't patch out shield bumping which let you beat Keyes in 2 minutes.

Because they couldn't

Ok, fair enough, that's true - they couldn't. But if they could have, would they have done so?

Feels like a moot point to me because... they couldn't.

The design of subsequent Halo games certainly points to them thinking it undesirable: more kill zones, invisible barriers etc.

In those single-player days, they didn't consider things that sped up campaign runs (even massively) to be a problem.

Speeding stuff up is still A-Okay with Bungie. The design of the levels in Destiny reveals this over and over. There is SO much you can just run straight past. Stuff that I originally thought were objectives are actually just 'obstacles' between you and the end.

I know you in particular are quite familiar with those glitches, more so than me, but for anyone who isn't, look at the later Halo 2 sword flying exploit for an example. That exploit was patched out in multiplayer (and rightly so) because it could potentially be used to ruin others' fun. However, it was left in campaign (again, rightly so IMO).

I was mostly an observer to Halo 1/2 speed running so someone correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't the patch affect Sword Flying in campaign too?

I distinctly remember people asking how they could remove the patch so they could sword fly again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread