Losing Heavy ammo on death... And other ideas. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 10:57 (3401 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes
edited by Korny, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 11:03

These are all design decisions. I think they are all wrong decisions, but I can see arguments for all of them.

That's been deemed a bug, but it doesn't bother me, actually. Why? Because I come from an age where video games didn't hold your hand and spoonfeed you victory. It's called a trade-off.

Want to be able to carry more heavy ammo? Fine... But you better be prepared to lose it if you fail. That's old-school power-up logic. There's another modern game that does this, with "Corrupted Mods" that give you "one positive and one negative stat", and I don't hear waves of people crying about it. It actually felt weird when I was running the VoG last night and I wasn't losing Heavy ammo on death, since my other two classes live with this quirk...

If anything, I'd love to see more of this duality on gear:

-Lightweight chest that give you +5 Agility, but -4 Armor. Titans are now Kenyan Linebackers, but fall much faster.

-Heavy Gauntlets that give you 75% extra melee damage, but slow your melee and melee recovery significantly. Beware the Hunter's throwing knife, but smile if he misses.

-Maglev Legs that give you 40% extra jump height, but slow your running speed by 20%. Watch out for airborn snipers using "Angel of Light"... But rest assured that you can easily chase them down.

Definitely would add more variety to the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread