Killed Valus Ta'Ruc with all Shotties (and other thoughts) (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 16, 2015, 13:59 (3351 days ago) @ Kahzgul

My main problem is that the punishments for dying (especially in nightfall) are so harsh that it encourages players to play as safely as possible in order to stay alive and get loot, rather then being forgiving to the point that experimentation is rewarded.

All of the bosses have such terrible AI that the fights aren't really - in and of themselves - fun. They're all super predictable and 1-shot deadly. It's dumb (and why I quit WoW). I'd love to fight a boss that had great AI but wasn't as 1-shotty, so that when he surprised me I could stay alive by running or something. Another part of the problem is that the player has very limited verbs: Shoot, jump, move. I'd love to see better use of these, by giving us blocks to push to create or block sightlines, things to jump on that activated other things, or stuff to shoot that wasn't obviously "the boss" but that assisted in the fight somehow.

I have two thoughts on this.

1. I agree with the lack of verbs. I feel like we have these awesome jumping and moving abilities that allow for mobility that aren't truly used to their fullest potential.

2. I wish they would also implement something like the Hunter (Halo) Type AI (they kinda do with Phalanxes) Where you need to agro an enemy to allow another guardian to get to a critical spot. On the same note. Rarely does flanking help. In fact, most of the time flanking actually hurts you if you want to get precision shots on most enemies like the Vex or Cabal (stupid hunching jerks)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread