Different Mentalities. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 16, 2015, 23:19 (3351 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This forum also seems very 1%ish, in terms of completion; I don't see a lot of the most frequent posters who play casually. I'm actually quite curious what percentage of the player population plays 'casually'. Although determining what actually constitutes casual in this game is a monster of a different nature.

According to PS4 trophy data, about 80% of Destiny players have never even played a raid. So there's that.

So 80% of players have only played the worst parts of Destiny. Yet another argument for making the raid accessible at low levels.

Once again, I'm thanking whoever's in charge that you aren't in charge. :)

(I, personally, have less fun playing the raids than I do doing a lot of other things in Destiny. I think there's probably a significant chunk of the userbase that would fall in my camp over yours.)

That could very well be true, but if they've never even played the raids, we can never know ;)

I wrote an article a while back where I basically pitched my idea for Destiny 2. I suggested a campaign similar in structure to what Rockstar did with GTA V, where a series of increasingly difficult Raids mark the major milestones through the campaign, with smaller missions and strikes filling the gaps in between.

As Cody suggests, it wouldn't really harm players who prefer other activites (since we'd all be through the main campaign in the first week or two, and could then focus on replaying the stuff we actually want to play) but it could help introduce players to the raids sooner, and give the lower leveled guardians a chance to have a similar (if easier) experience.

Out of curiosity, what is your favorite activity in Destiny? You seem to enjoy PvP a lot. Personally, I think Patrol has a lot of potential. Playing it with friends is great, and I think there's plenty of room for Bungie to do lots of interesting things with that mode in the future.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread