Different Mentalities. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 16, 2015, 15:12 (3351 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Destiny seems to play very differently to people with different motivations and different attitudes. If you need to complete everything immediately the game will burn out for you after hard mode raids. If you'd rather take your time or can only play a few hours a week due to work/family/etc, I imagine it stays fresher longer. This forum also seems very 1%ish, in terms of completion; I don't see a lot of the most frequent posters who play casually. I'm actually quite curious what percentage of the player population plays 'casually'. Although determining what actually constitutes casual in this game is a monster of a different nature.

I consider myself a casual player. I don't go for completion, and just do what I find to be fun. I just happen to find the high level activities the most fun.

The problem is playing the hardest parts of the game is not as simple as selecting "Legendary". You've got to get to at least level 30 before the game will even let you in to the Crota raid on hard mode.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread