Different Mentalities. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, March 16, 2015, 15:08 (3351 days ago) @ stabbim

But knowing that HoW is coming, I feel like just waiting. Why level my Warlock up now and waste time, when I can just do it when HoW hits? Why go get to 32 and the Crota gear, when I can just go straight to the vendor gear and the new raid?

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't put in the effort to get another character to 32 at this point. Just do what you do, and if you happen to get marks or armor drops from just playing what you would have played anyway, you can get to 31 ok. But making a special effort to level up when you already have another 32 character? Nah.

Personally, my strategy is to not give a crap about 32 in the first place. My characters are all still 31 and likely to stay that way. It's good enough to do the stuff I want to do. I occasionally raid but I'm not likely to make a serious run at CE hard mode until HoW lets me level up with Vanguard gear, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I did the same thing with VoG hard mode.

Destiny seems to play very differently to people with different motivations and different attitudes. If you need to complete everything immediately the game will burn out for you after hard mode raids. If you'd rather take your time or can only play a few hours a week due to work/family/etc, I imagine it stays fresher longer. This forum also seems very 1%ish, in terms of completion; I don't see a lot of the most frequent posters who play casually. I'm actually quite curious what percentage of the player population plays 'casually'. Although determining what actually constitutes casual in this game is a monster of a different nature.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread