RIP Hawkmoon, and other hidden changes. (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 08:42 (3317 days ago) @ Korny

So if the exotic handcannons have been nerfed, then that should make pulse rifles the new OP weapons eh? At least red death.

I'm cool with anything that brings more balance to the sandbox, and handcannons were mildly outclassing some other weapons. I am slightly concerned about the special and heavy changes, but I've always been primarily a primary weapon user. So, in someways, I'm curious to see how it plays out.

I am disappointed in the changes to fusion rifles, even though I hated them originally. But it seems that by nerfing them, they created a larger pool of shotty users, which I also strongly dislike. I do think that the shotties have the proper range and damage though, so I wouldn't want to see them nerfed to try to compensate. I really think the issue comes with map design and unlimited sprint. Too few maps allow for adequete sniping vs close range combat, so the obvious choice is a shotty. The unlimited sprint makes it too easy for guys to close the gap, and tougher for snipers to hit at long distances. I'd like to see a timed sprint feature to slow down player movement.

Also, if shotties are 1 shot kills, and fusion rifles (maybe not now) are 1 shot kills. What about a sniper that could 1 shot kill even on body shots. Like changing NO Land Beyond to produce this, with a smaller mag (max 3 rounds) and slower ROF and reload speed. Eh... on second thought, thats a primary weapon so no.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread