RIP Hawkmoon, and other hidden changes. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 22:28 (3316 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Perhaps you became overly reliant on a game breaking gun and now have to play according to the same rules as everyone else?

Funny thing about that is that I don't even use it that much. Handcannons are number 7 in my list of top Crucible weapons. Even when you look at my Hunter, which I thought always used Hawkmoon, It's fourth on my list of PvP kills, with Auto rifles (namely Monte Carlo) above it on the list.

But like I said, I adapt quickly; even with a gimped Hawkmoon, I'm not exactly a defenseless Butt Monkey (Munky):

(Note how the guy at :35 takes four hits to bring down at close range.)

The nerf is sad for a few reasons; for example, getting the ten Dead Man's Hand medals for the bounty were guaranteed in two games tops with Hawkmoon, but I don't think I've gotten a single one post-patch. This reminded me of another stealthy change that Bungie made affecting another bounty. The Mythoclast now sucks when trying to get the Overcharge bounty. It used to be the go-to weapon for it, but Bungie changed that, without telling us.

Which is a major point of my original post that was overlooked. Hawkmoon was just my personal observation of the real issue (that has been addressed in another post), Bungie isn't upfront about the changes they're making to the game. They give us basic patch info, but it's clearly only a piece of the bigger picture. That's a problem, and one that needs to be addressed.

Another thing I found kind of funny: Claude is like "Well, I don't play on the console that even has Hawkmoon, but Thorn's working fine so clearly nothing's changed with Hawkmoon!" That uh... That's kind of random... But yeah, I can confirm Thorn is just as (if not more) lethal as ever. Use your Thorn, kids!

The biggest tragedy is when the poor Xbox plebs get Hawkmoon, they won't understand. They'll scratch their heads, wonder what all the fuss was about, and Vault it. They'll never understand...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread