I think I get it now, sorry Claude. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 24, 2015, 18:30 (3309 days ago) @ Korny

Another thing I found kind of funny: Claude is like "Well, I don't play on the console that even has Hawkmoon, but Thorn's working fine so clearly nothing's changed with Hawkmoon!" That uh... That's kind of random... But yeah, I can confirm Thorn is just as (if not more) lethal as ever. Use your Thorn, kids!

That's not even remotely what I said. I was addressing a post that built on your Hawkmoon post to suggest that exotic handcannons in general had been nerfed, and I disagreed. I said that I couldn't comment on Hawkmoon since I can't use it, but that MY experience with exotic handcannons (TLW and Thorn) were that they had NOT been nerfed, and in fact might be buffed.

But hey, thanks for the interpretation!

Re-read the posts. Kermit was the one who misinterpreted my post, and Jackie drew from his generalization.

Was looking for something else, and just noticed this from last week. I don't think I misinterpreted your post because I didn't respond to your post. My response was to ChaosSociety and would have been better had I begun it with "If true ...." I reacted to the idea that Thorn was now weaker, but the truth is, I haven't had the chance to use it myself since the update so I still don't know anything based on my own experience. I reacted to a rumor, and I guess inadvertently gave credence to the rumor.

Your response was in regards to how THEY thought a general change was brought to the class of weapon. Though to be fair, "I think it's a lot of 'the sky is falling' nonsense, personally" is phrased in such a way that it seemed to be referencing my original post, but looking into it, I'm pretty sure you were strictly speaking with regards to how drastically the despair set in between my post, Kermit's, and Jackie's...

Despair is a strong word in my case. If Thorn had been nerfed, I'd describe myself as bemused. I have a few days of owning Thorn and doing better than I have before in Crucible, and BAM, the nerf hits.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread