Along with the special ammo changes... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, April 17, 2015, 02:59 (3316 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Having had some time to ingest the new heavy ammo changes, I actually think there's more reason to use Machine Guns. The fact that you can't drop a bunch of new rockets to the guy that just blew you up with one means you aren't punishing your team as much for the mistake of dying with 90 bullets in your LMG;

90 bullets is, if I give a conservative estimate of six per kill, 15 kills. You can't even get close to 15 kills with four rockets! If you die with a Machine Gun, you lose much much more. Therefore, it's best to use rockets to instantly kill anybody with an HMG on the opposing team.

Truth rocks even more than it did before.

Meh, that was always the risk. But now when you die, your killer doesn't get more rockets. And I think you're less likely to see Truth, because players won't take a chance switching to it when they have to pick heavy up immediately. If you can avoid the initial outburst, or plan with your team to counter it with a few of your own rockets, having the opportunity to kill 15 enemies is more worth the risk.

So far, I've seen in nearly all the matches I've played since the patch, someone with rockets always hangs back and tries extra hard to stay alive just to mop up any MHG users that somehow survive the initial volley.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread