Returning to Iron Banner after a Month Off... And I'm salty. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 19:22 (3282 days ago) @ Kahzgul

As weird as Destiny gets I still think it is miles better than Halo ever was. In Halo you'd just start taking damage for *somewhere* and be unable to do anything about it and then you'd eventually die... and then you'd stay dead and that would be about it. Maybe you'd get to respawn... at some point in the future... but who knows! I remember the last Halo 3 HBO game I played and one of the highlights was my Spartan floating down the river on Valhalla unable to respawn for the rest of the game because the lag had killed things for everyone.

When Destiny is faced with someone's very bad connection it still seems a good deal more capable of at least putting the enemy in the correct general area. Sometimes they walk into the wall or take no damage from hits but by that point they don't seem to be doing much damage back to you either. Plus Destiny almost never drops a game or sits on a black screen or any of the things that were fairly common even in Reach.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread