Exactly (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, August 28, 2015, 12:35 (3165 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think his point is that it's NOT an accomplishment. Hell, those 29s might have played more and been better players than you, you just got lucky drops that allowed you to get to 30 before them.

I have accomplished things, getting good random drops in Destiny doesn't make the list (or even fit the definition).

Not trying to be a dick, I've just never really understood the attitude. It's the same thing as people who got Gjallarhorn being pissed when Xur sold it and saying, "Well I earned mine." No, you didn't. We literally did the exact same thing for months, you just go lucky.

It's like the levels in Halo 2 and people buying level 50 accounts, and then never playing that playlist in which they were 50 so it didn't drop. Except, actually, it's not like that at all. If you were legitimately a level 50 in Halo 2, it meant something; it meant you were amazing at Halo 2. In Destiny, being max level doesn't mean dick. It means you've put in time and got lucky.

Being a higher level than someone in Destiny is akin to pointing out that you have more time than they do. That is as long as you have really basic playing ability.

Getting to the lighthouse on the other hand is an achievement. Maybe not the most prestigious, but still much more important than some insignificant measurement of how long you've been walking on the treadmill.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread