Pushing down (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, August 28, 2015, 13:11 (3165 days ago) @ Monochron

Being a higher level than someone in Destiny is akin to pointing out that you have more time than they do. That is as long as you have really basic playing ability.

Like I said to cheapLEY below, you are talking about putting someone else down for not attaining a level. I am not.

If you were looking at a mountain you climbed, the only thing you pushed down was the mountain.

If you are walking around as a level 30, and observing 29s and feeling better, then it is reasonable to assume that some of those 29s (the ones who don't have my bizarre world view) are looking at you, and feeling bad. Even if they can't see that you're a 30, they feel bad that they're not 30 yet, and are working to resolve that. No matter what you do, if you enjoy/celebrate the leveling system, you are celebrating how bad those people feel. You may call it harmless, I think it's indicative of a deeper sadder issue with people and their value systems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread