People are different. Probably best to accept that. (Destiny)

by Monochron, Friday, August 28, 2015, 13:12 (3165 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Fair point. I really wasn't trying to be an ass. If that floats your boat, it doesn't affect me. Hell, I even agree to a certain extent. Getting a max level character does feel great, most of the time. It feels great in Destiny, too, but just not in the normal way (for me). In Destiny it's more of a relief, like, finally, now I can do the shit I want to do. In other games I feel like it's the direct result of my actions, the things I've done in the game world.

For me, in Destiny, it just doesn't feel like it's a result of anything I've done directly, other than putting lots of time into the game. But, it also doesn't bother me as it is. The game is fun, I would be playing regardless, so I don't care either way.

I totally agree. The first time I got Gjallarhorn is was ridiculously fun but it didn't feel like any sort of real accomplishment. I got it really early from a Nightfall and it felt like more of an accident than anything. I'm hoping that the Taken King's method of giving certain weapons for certain things can start to correct this. Honestly I'm a little worried though, that that isn't something that should be in the game anyway. I would hate if the Gjallarhorn had been gated behind a hugely challenging task because I have had so much fun using it.

I've never played with you, but no, you don't give that impression at all! I hope I didn't imply that. I guess maybe it's just the way I read your first post, as sort of lording your 30 over all the lowly 29s. I see now that's not what you meant at all.

Haha, it's no problem. Coming across correctly on the internet is always a challenge, my first post probably didn't do a very good job :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread